In order to define a sound file to auto load do the following:
- Place the sound file in the folder you want, ('Sounds' folder is highly recommended)
- Open the text entry screen (press Enter from the main RemoteSign screen)
- Check the box 'Show advanced settings'
- Check the box 'On loading, play'
- Click the 'Browse' button and select the desired sound file
- Save the file by clicking 'Save'
The 'Play' button can be used to preview the sound file you selected.
In order to ensure that .rsf files that you create are as portable as possible, it is best to place sound files that are to be auto loaded into the 'Sounds' folder in the RemoteSign installation folder. This allows the files to be defined without a full path. (Which that may not exist on another computer.)
If RemoteSign cannot find the sound file as specified, it will look for the sound file in the 'Sounds' folder contained in the RemoteSign installation directory. This is what makes it possible to create portable .rsf files that refer to sound files without any folder information.
This feature is available in RemoteSign version 2.0 and higher
Back to User manual