There are three status lights at the top of the sign of the Windows version. The top two indicate the connection state and the third indicates if another RemoteSign file is scheduled to be loaded automatically.
The top light indicates the status of the connection.• Yellow Listening (waiting) for a connection. The sign is waiting for a connection request from another machine
• Green Connected. The sign is connected to another machine
• Blue Disconnected. There is no connection to another machine and it is not listening for requests either
• White Attempting to connect
• Red Connection failure. An attempt to connect failed
The lower light indicates the connection mode of the sign.
• Yellow Listening (waiting) mode. The sign is waiting or waited for a connection
• Orange Connect to a specific machine. The sign will or did connect to another machine
• Blue Local only mode. It will refuse connection requests from others and will not attempt to connect with any others
Typical combinations• Blue
• Blue Everything local only.
• Yellow Sign told to wait and is waiting for a connection.
• Orange This machine will be attempting to connect but has not yet started the attempt. (Waiting for you to enter the computer name/IP and press Go button)
• Orange This sign attempted to connect to another but failed.
• Orange This sign connected to another machine and is controlling the other machine.
• Yellow This sign waited for a connection and another machine connected to it . The other computer is controlling this sign
Auto load in effectThe third status light (brown) simply indicates that after some time delay (defined in the Text entry screen) a file will be loaded. No light indicates that no file is set to automatically load.
• Brown A file will be loaded automatically
•Cyan Script is running